ALL ORGANIZATIONS ARE REQUIRED TO REVIEW AND ACCEPT THE STRIPE CONNECTED ACCOUNT AGREEMENT PRIOR TO USING LocalHop. THE AGREEMENT MAY BE FOUND AT: https://stripe.com/us/connect-account/legal.
Terms & Privacy
Thank you for using LocalHop! We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have regarding your information. Because we’re an Internet company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way. We welcome your questions or comments on this policy.
What information do we collect?
1) When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
When you sign up for our mobile application or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your e-mail address, year of birth, zip code, gender, screen name, profile photo, likes, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using LocalHop on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services – for example, you may link your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account to LocalHop, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (e.g., your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are in addition to LocalHop’s policies.
You also may give us your financial information such as credit card information or bank account information in order to pay for any services or products you order on LocalHop. We generally do not charge your credit card or bank account until your order has been placed and authorized by you. We will not charge your credit card or bank account for any charges that were not authorized by you.
2) We get technical information when you use our products.
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded in an automated way. The same is true when you use our products, and here are some of the types of information we collect in this way:
Log Data. When you use LocalHop, our servers automatically record information about your interaction with our products (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you use it to access LocalHop. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you were visiting before you came to LocalHop, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you used LocalHop.
Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using LocalHop on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products and services to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect LocalHop and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product or service, which can help us understand which version is better.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content – including helping you discover events or content you might like. For example, if you’ve indicated that you’re interested in certain events or content, we may suggest other events or content that is similar.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide you with opportunities to find events and/or content that may be of interest to you. This may include suggesting an event you may like during your interaction with the LocalHop on your mobile device.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it may be used to specifically identify you as a unique person, such as an e-mail address) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you, such as a gender, zip code, or year of birth). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever LocalHop does business, including states and/or countries outside your own. We have no interest in determining who you are specifically, so unless you have voluntarily provided it, we will not ask for your name, address, or for other information that identifies exactly who you are – it’s just not necessary to provide you with access to events and content that you came to LocalHop to find.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a LocalHop account, many of the choices you have on LocalHop are built directly in to the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your profile via the LocalHop application on your mobile device at any time;
- Distribute your personal LocalHop information, events and/or content via e-mail or through another service (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram).
- Create collections of events and/or content that become available for other users to collect.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your events, information and/or digital content from LocalHop. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including the ability of LocalHop to assist in addressing fraud and spam).
In addition, you may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access LocalHop. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage;
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How is your information shared?
LocalHop is a tool you can use to find community events, create calendars and collect digital content on subjects of interest. If you share personally identifiable information through LocalHop, others may be able to see it, so only include web sites, Twitter handles, Facebook pages, and other information that you don’t mind others accessing. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram) when you’ve chosen to use those services to distribute events, calendars or other content from LocalHop.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or LocalHop; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others. For example, we may tell an organization using LocalHop how many people have viewed its events on LocalHop.
Our Policy on Children’s Information
LocalHop is not intended for use by children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use LocalHop after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law.
How do I remove my LocalHop information from Facebook?
Please view current instructions on how to delete Facebook information at: Facebook Data Deletion Instructions.
Effective: May 23, 2017.